Wednesday, January 8, 2014

sewing projects

Made some stuff with fabric I had lying around for forever. So happy to finally get rid of this stuff. :) Please excuse awkward face.

PS: I used patterns for these, but improvised a bit for the blue dress. I just measured out the pleats myself and borrowed some sleeves from another pattern.
- A simple cherry blossom print sheath dress with sheer black sleeves and exposed gold zipper in the back. I didn't have enough of that cherry blossom fabric, so it took me forever to figure out what to do with it. Then I finally realized that the back of the dress could just be a black fabric that's a similar weight to the printed fabric. So happy I didn't have to just throw out this beautiful large scrap!!!
- Powder blue empire waist dress with box pleated skirt and gold star printed trim. I made a screen printing stencil to paint the gold stars on myself. Again, I've had this gorgeous blue fabric for so long and just never really knew what to do with it until this year. I even concepted a few other dress designs before settling for this one.
- Plaid circle skirt with lining and zipper/hook enclosure. This project isn't as exciting or technical as the other two, but was still glad to use this fabric. I got this large cut of plaid fabric from a yard sale a few years ago. It was such good quality and there was a lot of it. I'm planning to do another project with what's left.

No comments:

Post a Comment